Monday, October 19, 2009

Farewell Summer

It's a bit late, but I thought I would formally say goodbye to summer. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of summer. I think the only time I should have to deal with heat is when I am tanning at the beach. No, I am referring to all of the bold colors you can get away with wearing during the summer months. POW! pinks, YOWZA! yellows, BADABING! blues, are just a few of the many wild colors that we must now put away until next year.

But now, it is time for my favorite time of year: autumn. I love autumn, I love the earthy colors, the cool breezes, making big pots of homemade soup, knitting to keep warm, snuggling with family, reading good books...there are so many more that I could add! There's just something about this time of year that makes me want to put on something cozy and slow down from my busy life...

However, it seems as if my busy life is inescapable. I am in 5 swaps on craftster.org right now:

Autumns Fall Scarf Swap- I have two partners in this one, send off date is October 30th

Junk Jewelry Necklace/Bracelet Swap, R2- one partner, send off date is October 30th

Sock &/or Glove Doll Swap- one partner, send off date is November 9th

Bead Soup Swap - Round 3- two partners, send off date is November 2nd

A personal sock monster swap due October 30th

Plus I have a commission job on Etsy.

//rant time//
So, between maintaining a clean home, taking care of my baby, and going to college, I am busy busy busy! I like being busy craft-wise, but mixing college and crafts is really starting to get to me. I just can't wait for it to be over so I can have more time to craft. I was planning to start going to a local craft show in Atlanta, but I haven't had time to get enough high quality merchandise available yet. The last weekend is December 2nd, so maybe in November I will be able to do it. I want to be able to make enough money so that I can have a booth at Hatch Market next year. We'll see if I can make that happen or not.
//end rant//

I think I'll end this abruptly. Here are some images from a commission job I did early this year using a Vogue pattern. If anyone wants this pattern, I would LOVE to get rid of it. Maybe for $9?





More pictures can be found in the sold listing from my store.

No comments: